Wednesday, January 18, 2012

está sola

Most of us are at that point in our lives where we are discovering what it is we want out of our time here on this earth, and maybe you are not at that point right now, but trust me, you will be someday. Some of us face it head on, knowing what we want with confidence and conviction; others of us know what we desire, but for some reason the universe has shown us that it just is not meant to be, and some, are left wondering; left discovering. So here is my journey, to look fear in the face and move to Buenos Aires, Argentina for four months completely alone. I’ve heard it said that you should take chances in your life, to not live with regret, to follow your heart, and I feel as though I am doing all of those things, but it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Leaving the familiar for the unfamiliar. As I stumble to remember the Spanish I learned over five years ago, figure out how the gas switch works in my tiny kitchen, and avoid stubbing my toes on the crumbling sidewalks, I learn to notice the beauty in it all. To laugh at my mistakes and actually stop to smell the flowers and marvel at the lush leaves that shade me from the intense heat. I see the beauty and reflect on how I have so much to be grateful for. I think of my parents, who encourage me and provide for me to have these amazing experiences, my boyfriend who is my best friend, who doesn’t care how many times I cry to him on Skype and who loves. Unconditionally. And my friends, you are my pillars and your words of support are written on my heart and mind. So today, I notice beauty. The old couple walking their dog down the sidewalk, the best friends sitting in the café catching up over café con leche and the kids playing soccer in the park. Through it all, I know that when I discover what it is that I want to do, I know this will shape my life in more ways than I ever knew.

1 comment:

Her Fashion Chapter said...

Nice Post Jana. I'm sure it's gonna be an amazing experience... Seems like it's already starting to be :)